Sunday, October 21, 2012

Squaring things up

I had a helper today, doing some measuring for me.

Photo Oct 21, 3 24 31 PM

This was after we’d pulled off the roofing on the west and re-aligned the tops of the poles. There was a decent gap, I think from my poles warping slightly in the weather. Once I measured the top front, we found  a significant gap.

Photo Oct 21, 3 14 17 PM

I was able to tie this back, recut the rafters, and put them back in, getting a good, fairly square top. The other side must have been slightly out of whack as we found that a few pieces of the roofing didn’t quite align, but since I’m covering everything with metal and this was close, I left it.

My daughter helped me cover everything and we are looking good. Now I just need the metal to arrive.

Photo Oct 21, 4 22 48 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment